Prosperity Talisman Bag: Day 1, Ritual

Many of these concepts are derived from a number of books, but this one, which I am about three quarters or more of the way through, really motivated me to practice some techniques.

I'm excited to do the the 30 day challenge.


Step one is to gather all the ingredients for the sachet creation, which I will be building in three parts. The items I chose to fill my bag are chosen because I just felt like it made sense, or for their metaphysical/magickal properties (which can be found on the internet or in magick reference books) and just happened to have them lying about. I'll go ahead and list them, but they are by no means required. It's not like a cake, where if you leave out the baking soda, it'll fall flat. You could draw a picture of what you want and not use any of what I listed and I bet that'd be just as effective if you charge it enough. I also may be overdoing the ingredients but I figure, what the hell. If I'm going to spend thirty days on this, I better go big or go home! Plus it's fun to learn about magickal properties.

So the main categories are gathering wealth, gathering luck, and financial protection. Then there are three extras that I like to think of as asterisks to the main point, which include financial intuition, dramatic positive change, and magic empowerment.





For Gathering Luck:
Three acorns
Moss
Bay leaf
Jade (one I carved the rune, Fehu, into)
Rose hips
Allspice
Dollar bill smeared with sweet orange oil


For Gathering Wealth:
Three cashews
CinquefoilGinger
Fools gold
Cinnamon
Rice
Sesame
A dollar bill smeared with bergamot oil


For Financial Protection:
Basil
Cloves
Hyssop
Dollar bill smeared with eucalyptus oil

For Financial Clarity/Intuition:
Fennel
Mugwort
Sage


For Dramatic Positive Change:
Whelk shell

For Magic Empowerment:
Blue vervain







After gathering these items, I've set them on my alter, which, if you want a detailed description of how I set that up, you can go here: (Link coming)

photo4

Added to my alter, that I usually don't have, is my wood burning kit and some hand cut rounds from the fallen branches of a Buddha shaped yew tree that I found a couple months ago when visiting Oregon. This will be for my sigil. I just love symbolism, but you could draw it on a piece of paper. A magical trip through the forests of Oregon to find a Buddha yew is not required!

Next I cast my circle, call quarters, banish, and invoke a deity (for details on how I do that, go here: Link coming). I like to listen to mood music, either my "epic soundtracks" pandora station or my new favorite, "Jalan Jalan, Bali".

I thought of a great banishing idea the other day that I tried out. Chant the chakra tones while envisioning white light pouring from my crown to my pelvis, washing away impurities and negativity, pooling, overflowing, and growing in intensity in each chakra point as I go through the tones. Once I reach my pelvic area, the white light explodes outward, expelling all negativity out of me and my circle. Then, as the white light continues to pour from my crown, I chant back upwards as each chakra "pool" fills until I reach the top. After I got past the fact that my legs had fallen asleep, it was very effective.




The deity I chose was Freyja for three reasons: I identify with some of her supposed characteristics, I'm Norwegian (my last name literally means, The Son of Thor), and she has ties to wealth and rewards for work done (i.e. Fehu rune). I'm not terribly familiar with many available deities. I used the jade Fehu carved rune that I made today and a green candle to invoke her, with a little glass of vodka for said guest, since that was the only interesting thing I had around. Hope Norse Goddesses like Russian drinks...



I like making things!

Asking for guidance from Freyja, initially, I tried to scry for a sigil in my crystal ball. It's so cool! However, after I had no luck for a while (it would take a tranquilizer to quiet my brain enough, I think), I went ahead and made a sigil the old-school chaos way, since I've had enormous success with that in the past. I also tried to come up with a mantra, but the problem was that I have little to no privacy in my home and so was very conscious of the noise I make trying Andrieh Vitmus' glossolalia suggestion for the first time- So, I know what I'll be doing when no one is around tomorrow! Anywho, I burned the sigil into the wood disk.


photo2

That's me with my wood burning tool!

The next task was to cleanse, bless, and purpose each element that goes in my little green baggy and shove 'em in sanctimoniously. Then I meditated on the bag as a whole to unify the elements - I like to think of it as adding a magical binding agent. Then pop in the sigil and the Freyja rune to empower it and voila!


The magick moneybag and the tarot I pulled. Interesting response to a prosperity baggy.

photo3







I then thanked Freyja, bid farewell to the four quarters, closed the circle, and did a little jig.

The following 29 days, I will spend at least a half hour each day to empower my baggy. I'm also going to continue trying to find a mantra.

I'm going to detail my circle ritual in another post and will update this post with links to it.

It was a lot of fun.

Wish me luck!
Please check out my challenge posted on www.magical30.com!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment