Prosperity Talisman Bag: Day 4, Part 2: Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

So, I decided with all that I had learned about Freyja today, I wanted to create a talisman to facilitate communication with her during my prosperity baggy ritual. I thought I'd try to find a bead shop near the book store here, but no luck. My initial plan was to get a cat bead to represent bridging the distance between Freyja's world and ours, since according to norse mythology, she used cats to pull her chariot. Then I would find some feather beads to represent the feathered cloak she wore that would transform her into a falcon. I would string them on a gold necklace to represent BrĂ­singamen, her, supposedly, most treasured possession. If I could get any of them in amber (her stone) or golden-red (her color), all the better.

Best laid plans, eh?


Disappointed, I trekked home. I thought, along the way that maybe I could carve something from wood to represent her in the meantime. Low and behold, when I got home, a package of shed white tail deer antlers I had ordered had arrived early!!! I got straight to carving, without much planning. I figured I'd feel my way through and let the figurine speak for it's self. Low and behold, an animal began to appear...





The ears represent two worlds. One ear faces forward to represent the conscious, the seen and heard. One ear points backward to represent the unconscious, the unseen that we listen to. The bottom point will have three carved feathers tomorrow, to represent the falcon cloak and transformation. Unfortunately it's a bit too late to be making noise with my rotary tool. The gold collar around the cat's neck represents Freyja's necklace, the physical, wealth and trade. And of course, the cat represents the guide at the front of Freyja's chariot, forward momentum, and branching the distance between the worlds.

I can't wait to use it tonight when I empower my bag. I hope she likes it! I may make a necklace out of it at a later date.

Unless something miraculous happens, deets on the success of this communication tool to come tomorrow, since I tend to do my rituals late at night.

Please follow my progression on the 30 day challenge website, and if you haven't yet, please take a look at Andrieh Vitimus' awesome Choas Magic book. See these posts on www.magical30.com as well

Day one
Day two
Day three

Day four



0 comments:

Post a Comment